VAT FAQsOur VAT Consultant, Tony, answers your most frequently asked questions about VAT
Tony Nickson, our VAT Consultant, answers your most frequently asked questions.
Any questions you need answered?
When Do I Have to Register for VAT?
- who’s providing or buying the goods / services
- where they’re provided
- how they’re presented for sale
- the precise nature of the goods or services
- whether you obtain the necessary evidence
- whether you keep the right records
- whether they’re provided with other goods and services
What VAT Rates Are There?
My customer has not paid for a supply of goods, and I can't pay my VAT bill.
If your customer has not paid for a supply of goods or services you may be able to claim BDR. Hawsons can help you meet the conditions for claiming BDR.
Bad Debt Relief (BDR)
- The time and nature of the supply, the purchaser, and the consideration
- The amount of VAT chargeable on the supply
- The accounting period when this VAT was accounted for and paid to HMRC
- Any payment received for the supply
- Entries in the refund for bad debts account
- The accounting period in which the claim is made.