Who can claim Theatre Tax Relief?
A company can claim Theatre Tax Relief if:
- it is a Theatrical Production Company (as defined here)
- the production is a dramatic production (a play, an opera, a musical or other dramatic pieces) or a ballet
- the primary focus is to perform the production live to a paying audience or for educational purposes
- at least 25% of the core expenditure is spent within the European Economic Area (EEA)
The production will not qualify if it includes a competition, uses wild animals or is of a sexual nature. It will also not qualify if the main purpose is to make a recording or advertise/promote goods or services.
Want to find out more information?
- What is a Theatrical Production Company?
- Which costs are allowable?
- How is the relief calculated?
We pride ourselves on our proven track record of successful claims and we are committed to assisting our clients in maximising their claims to include all eligible costs.
We would be happy to discuss whether you might be able to qualify for Theatre Tax Relief and answer any queries you may have.