The Chancellor has confirmed that the following supplies will continue to be charged at 5% instead of 20% until 30 September 2021. To help businesses manage the transition back to the standard rate, a 12.5% rate will then apply for a further six months, until 31 March 2022:
- food and non-alcoholic beverages sold for on-premises consumption, for example, in restaurants, cafes and pubs;
- hot takeaway food and hot takeaway non-alcoholic beverages;
- sleeping accommodation in hotels or similar establishments, holiday accommodation, pitch fees for caravans and tents, and associated facilities;
- admissions to the following attractions if they are not already eligible for the cultural VAT exemption:
- amusement parks
- similar cultural events and facilities
Where admission to these attractions is covered by the existing cultural exemption, the exemption will take precedence.
More from our tax experts
You can find all of our latest tax articles and tax resources here.
If you are looking for advice in a particular area, please get in touch with your usual Hawsons contact.
Alternatively, we offer all new clients a free initial meeting to have a discussion about their own personal circumstances – find out more or book your free initial meeting here. We have offices in Sheffield, Doncaster and Northampton.
Free initial consultation
VAT Consultant, Sheffield
0114 266 7141