VAT Health CheckOur services include a VAT Health Check, so you can be sure your business is up to date
VAT Health Checks: Are you ready for a VAT inspection from HMRC?
Hawsons have carried out numerous VAT health checks for businesses in various sectors including charities, manufacturers and small business. The health-check involves checking a business’s VAT procedures as well as looking into ways to maximise recovery on costs.
Our Health Checks don’t just insure that you are getting the best value for money, but we can also give you a “mock inspection“. This means that we scrutinise your VAT records and if there are any areas of concern, or opportunity, we can make sure that your business is as healthy as possible.
Our VAT Health Check includes:
- Identifying opportunities to improve your VAT position
- Confirming that you have correctly identified the VAT liability of your supplies and/or income streams
- Reviewing your partial exemption method
- Reviewing your VAT recovery procedure and processes
- Considering which scheme is best suited for your business for accounting for VAT
- Reviewing the VAT treatment applied to one off transactions (i.e. Property, sales)
- Highlighting areas of concern, or areas for money saving opportunities
- Maximising your use of available
Tony Nickson, our VAT Consultant, was formerly a VAT Officer in Customs and Excise and then Higher Officer in HMRC.
After 20 years of working in the VAT office, Tony has gained a wealth of knowledge of VAT processes, including VAT visits to customers, client education, VAT repayments and error corrections.
More from our tax experts
You can find all of our latest tax articles and tax resources here.
If you are looking for advice in a particular area, please get in touch with your usual Hawsons contact.
Alternatively, we offer all new clients a free initial meeting to have a discussion about their own personal circumstances – find out more or book your free initial meeting here. We have offices in Sheffield, Doncaster and Northampton.
VAT Consultant, Sheffield
0114 266 7141